[Slowhand] Anybody here from or in Memphis ?

KB4IUJ at aol.com KB4IUJ at aol.com
Fri Dec 21 19:21:52 EST 2007

That's where I'm at tonight. Will post vids in time at my youtube site and
link from blog. I learned something today about those Gibson 339. Which
there advertising in magazines and this information is straight from the sale
floor by one of there employees and not third hand from a independent retail
trying to spin news.

But, those 339 models are only available to musicians friends. Quite a
novel idea, gimmick no doubt. How'd you like to be one of those guy's who's got
one of those signature models - the guy phone is ringing off the hook. But,
I guess it's a marketing technique to reel in dollars and create a sort of
collectors item if you will.

They have a bunch of 335's in stock and ready for sale as well as darn near
everything... even some pink T-shirts, which just say Gibson on them... Ha ha,
guess what my Nephew is getting and for $10 each, of course there's no small
or medium sizes just large and xtra large (perfect for the Memphis market).

Anybody here know the difference between a SG and a GT ?

Any Leon Russell fans here ? He's playing at the Gibson Lounge tonight...
I'm at a real disadvantage to say anything about the guy since I've never
really heard the guys work. Guess I'll go over to Amazon and sample some of
his work.

I'll post other interesting notation about Clapton on my blog, I'll bet that
guy is home and reading this, lol and the kids are driving him nuts. Say,
wonder what the chances are of us seeing him on "Dancing with the Stars"...
Can Clapton dance ?