[Slowhand] EC & PAGE

Jeff Elliott jnt.elliott at comcast.net
Wed Feb 20 18:31:36 EST 2008

Thanks to DeltaNick for his insight. I appreciate the response.

>Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page are or have been friends, going back to Eric's

time in the Yardbirds and John Mayall And The Bluesbreakers. Page produced
two or 3 tracks for Mayall's band, while Clapton was guitarist, and two were
released as a single in 1965: "I'm Your Witchdoctor"/"Telephone Blues."<

I know there has been a lot of debate about Zepplin's "Blues" roots and
certainly much finger pointing at Page's "uncanny" ability to "claim"
writing credits for some classic blues tunes and I certainly don't want to
get anybody riled up regarding what is Blues and what is Heavy Metal. That
being said, Pagey can certainly bend a few blues riffs and, okay, so I was
in my teen years whilst Page & Plant were lighting the rock world on fire, I
can certainly appreciate both musicians for their handiwork.

Cheers to the gang heading to MSG for what ought to be a great series of
shows. I look forward to hearing about it in the digest as well as what I
am sure will be the amusing pics of the Heads on Sticks soon to be posted by
Dr. Proctor!

Jeff