[Slowhand] Pilgrim

dave wilkinson point.blank at xtra.co.nz
Thu Apr 3 16:43:47 EDT 2008

Hey Gang,

The thing that strikes me about Pilgrim is that is was really the last album EC took out on the road and played more than one or two of the original songs on it (even with an orchestra!) - for quite a few tours.. Pretty brave of him considering he's in that category of "stars" where most of the audience are happy to hear the hits only.

The 2 non-blues albums that followed ( Reptile & Back Home) he dropped any songs from those albums pretty quickly.

I think Reptile was the only original that was played (the other songs being blues/JJ Cale/S Wonder covers) and I don't think anything was ever played from Back Home.

My initial reaction on hearing Pilgrim? I wanted to go out and buy a Boss tremelo pedal!

cheers, dave