[Slowhand] Pilgrim's Mayfield influence

Shanahan mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:45:28 EDT 2008

Hi Jeff,

I was aware of this on the first few listens to Pilgrim, but was so focused
on my vitriolic abuse of all Pilgrim haters that it never came up in my
posts.

Five years before Pilgrim Clapton recorded "You Must Believe Me" for the
Curtis Mayfield tribute album.

If it had been recorded with a drum machine it could almost be classed as an
outtake from the Pilgrim sessions.

It's interesting comparing Stevie Winwood's version with the Spencer Davis
Group from '66 with the '94 EC version.

Now that would have been a good number for them to do at MSG.

Cheers

Tone

Checked by AVG.
18:02