[Slowhand] Nice One Eric

John Mills turbineltd at btconnect.com
Mon Apr 7 06:27:25 EDT 2008

This reminds me of the old joke:
How many ears did Davy Crockett have?
Three; a left ear, a right ear and a wild front ear!

Here we have one hand, or two hands and a Slowhand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=34431

Quote of the day
07/04/2008

According to sources, when F1 (TV) coverage returns to the BBC next year,
the British broadcaster, keen to start from scratch, will feature an all-new
presentation and commentary team, which signals bad news for Martin
Brundle's many fans.

A couple of weeks ago we applauded (ITV commentator) Brundle's
tongue-in-cheek comment that Felipe Massa's error at Sepang was the result
of "ambition getting the better of adhesion", surely a contender for 'quote
of the year'.

However, yesterday, in Bahrain, he surpassed himself.
At a time when most F1 people are (publicly) unwilling to refer to the
'Mosley saga' - the Red Bulletin, famed for its whacky, wild and out-there
approach to life within Planet Paddock, being the most obvious example - the
former GP driver put a smile on the face of the Pitpass crew.

On his customary grid-walk, Brundle spotted guitar legend Eric Clapton
(a.k.a. God), one of the few 'celebrities' to turn up on an F1 grid and
merit the term 'star' in addition to being a genuine fan.

Brundle let slip the fact that the former Cream and Yardbirds axe-man was to
wave the chequered flag at the end of the race, clearly to Clapton's (mild)
frustration, 'Slow-hand' admitting that it was meant to be a secret.

"I'm not sure whether to hold it with one or two hands," said Clapton. And
before any of us could hit back with an "Ooh-err missus", Brundle responded;
"that's very topical at the moment".

Well done that man ..........