[Slowhand] Setlist in Atlantic City

Steve Proctor drpr at earthlink.net
Mon May 26 12:28:15 EDT 2008

This is second or third hand info (Thanks G, AG and LQ). Ordinarily, I would wait for those who attended the concert to give their personal accounts. However, I hope to jump start this forum:

Motherless Children
Key to the Highway(apparently Doyle sang quite a bit on this one)
Hoochie Coochie Man
Little Wing (Doyle took the 1st solo)
Outside Woman Blues
Double Trouble(THANK YOU LQ, It's now recorded to my cell!)
Don't Knock My Love
According to the setlist LQ got it says "Blues" next.(Maybe that means the acoustic set?)
Rockin' Chair
Motherless Child
Travelin' Riverside Blues(apparently God spoke before this one with: "How about a little Robert Johnson.")
Runnin' On Faith
Tell the Truth
Little Queen of Spades(LQ says he dropped the pick on this song)
Before you Accuse Me
Wonderful Tonight
Layla(LQ says he skipped a line in the song, forgot maybe?)
Cocaine

Encore:
Got my Mojo Workin'

Now, I really have to take exception to all this talk of what Clapton needs to do differently. He doesn't need to do anything differently. He's starting his set with "Motherless Children" which is as close to Heaven as we are likely to see on Earth.

But seriously, look at Clapton's career over the past dozen years and all the different things he has done. Everything from jazz to a Cream reunion. He's revisited the major highlights in his career and has even given us an autobiography. I for one, am happy with what he has done recently. It would be nice to hear him play Les Pauls and ES-335s a little more often, though :-)

Steve