[Slowhand] rockin chair

Claptofan claptofan at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 08:52:52 EDT 2008

does anyone know the history of this song? is it a cover or something new EC wrote. I don't usually listen to lyrics, but while watching EC play this tune at Jones Beach, I was struck by the lyrics. He seemed to be singing a send off tune, and if he was giving us a taste of his mindset at 63 yo, I am a little dissapointed. Not quite ready to be without EC touring and recording. and coming off the winwood msg shows, i see no reason why he would consider himself aged and ready to have his "troubles be over" while being taken away in a "chariot" from dear ol' "aunt harriet"

my only other complaint was there was way too much dbIII soloing on this short tour. little wing and queen of spades were ethereal, particularly little wing. and i loved the rhythm changes to motherless child.