[Slowhand] ROLLING STONE TOP 100 GUITAR SONGS

Jeff Elliott jnt.elliott at comcast.net
Sun Jun 22 21:30:27 EDT 2008

I meant to mention this a couple of weeks ago when I first received the 12
June edition of Rolling Stone but I've been off the grid for a while.

So the RS has put out yet another top 100, this time the top 100 Guitar
Songs. Can't say I argue with much of them as there is absolutely no one
who would agree with my list any more than any one else's. Interesting to
see that Crossroads is number three after Chuck Berry's Johnny B. Goode and
Purple Haze by Hendrix. In fact, Clapton touches five songs in the top 100
if one counts While My Guitar Gently Weeps which comes in at number 7.

The other three are Layla at 13, Hideaway at 42 and Whiteroom at 55.
Anything missing from the list?

Jeff