[Slowhand] Sir Eric?

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Sat Jun 28 11:23:43 EDT 2008

I usually get the colored sectoin of my Sunday newspaper delivered on Saturday. The below Q&A appears in the Personality Parade of this week's "Parade" magazine.

Q: I cannot understand why Queen Elizabeth II has not yet knighted rock legend Eric Clapton. Is it because of Clapton's past drug use and wild lifestyle?-Debra Arszyla, Santee, Calif.

A: If an unconventional life in rock 'n' roll were an impediment to knighthood, there'd be no Sir Paul (McCartney), Sir Mick (Jagger), or Sir Elton (John). We suspect that, in the not-too-distant future, the queen will get around to dubbing Sir Eric, 63. Meanwhile, interest in that wild lifestyle has made Clapton's autobiography a huge international best-seller.

http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_06-29-2008/Personality_Parade