[Slowhand] tech info support request (no EC info)

sam mangano mangs88 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 21 13:48:39 EDT 2008

I just bought a hi-def camcorder (canon HF100). everyone tells me not to
bother using the camera's software for video editing these new types of
ACHV-4 files (not sure if that nomenclature is exactly correct), as it
is cumbersome or just doesn't work well. therefore, can anyone recommend
any software, particulary if there is "freeware" available?

i am not into doing anything fancy editing - wise, all i hope to do is
download the clips onto my harddrive, and burn a dvd of them (no titles,
music, superflous B.S., just one clip after another that i can fit onto
a standard dvd-r). I have an MS-based computer, not a Mac.

please respond privately with any recommendations. thanks in advance for
any help anyone can provide!
sammy