[Slowhand] Robert Johnson, Crossroads...

Richard Batty rickbatty at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 11:43:31 EDT 2008

Thanks to Eddy for posting the very interesting RJ article. Does anyone
know EC's history with RJ songs and Crossroads in particular? I imagine he
was playing some of them acoustically early on but I don't believe any
versions showed with the Yardbirds. Obviously Ramblin' on My Mind appeared
on the Mayall Bluesbreakers album and Four Until Late on Fresh Cream.

The earliest Crossroads I'm aware of is the electric, up-tempo version done
by EC and the Powerhouse. I assume that provided the basis for the versions
with Cream. Was any other artist covering Crossroads in an electric version
back then?

Rick