[Slowhand] Eric Clapton Down Under

Bryce Utting butting at ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 17 23:40:40 EDT 2008

"Jon Maclean" <Jon.Maclean at lands.nsw.gov.au> wrote:

> Clearly Aussie and Kiwi fans are in deep shock, hence the deafening

> silence. Over the years Eric Clapton didn't reach these shores for

> almost 20 years, and now he is becoming a regular visitor! Sensational.

> I suspect the winery show was his impetus for making this tour.

> Presumably he enjoyed doing the outdoor shows in Europe earlier in the
> year.

given how close the winery apparently was to getting called off, I've
been wondering more if it's the fishing he's keen for. and, why not a
concert, and why not throw some nights in for the Aussies as well to
help pay for bringing everyone over? sounds good to me!

I want seats as good as my Enz ones, dammit. (third row centre)
hopefully TicketMaster have figured out how to sell tickets without
their wheezing IIS servers falling over .25ms after sales start.

Strongly suspect Auckland will sell out -fast-, with a second concert
announced soon after. Vector's not that big a venue...

> But wow, I didn't think he'd come back here again.

> Thanks EC, we really appreciate the chance to see you again.

Hoooo yes.

butting