[Slowhand] EC/SW DVD

Steve slowhand.net at gmail.com
Tue May 19 09:15:45 EDT 2009

I have made it through most of the DVD and think it is fantastic. It
is easily EC's best performance in quite sometime. "Forever Man" and
"After Midnight" are stunning. Most importantly, the Heads on a Stick
make another appearance in the DVD.

I will, however, point out one gross injustice. Even though Buddy
Miles is mentioned and the February 28, 2008, dedication from Steve is
included, the version of "Them Changes" on the DVD and CD is NOT from
February 28!! How lame to spoil a nice tribute to Buddy Miles by not
including the song that was actually dedicated to him!

Furthermore, the version from February 28 is clearly superior to the
other two versions. This is not one of these "IMHO" things - it is
just plain fact. On the last night, Winwood "sold" the song better
and Clapton's solo meshed with the band perfectly. The February 28
version is to the other versions as Pavarotti is to William Hung.
Besides, five out of four doctors agree that the February 28 version
is better.

OK, now that I have that off my chest, I can go to work, where have
installed a TV and DVD for further evaluation...