[Slowhand] Shamed into Posting

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 24 18:50:28 EDT 2009

I've been shamed into writing a post.
I preordered the EC+SW MSG fan package months ago (via Winwood's site), and it arrived last week. Thanks to Steveo's thorough synopsis, there is little to add other than acollades for the producers and the artists.
Two tracks on the dvd were standouts for me. The double-lead that E & Steve played in the latter half of "Had to Cry" is breath taking! I thought it was hot when they did that at CGF2007, and it's still hot, and what a great song to kick-off the show. The other standout for me was E's awesome guitar work on "Voodoo Chile." Man, if I hear E pontificate one more time that his skills are waning with age. Those are solos that would have been "cream" thirty years ago.
I certainly hope that when the tour begins in June that the band is in this same stripped down form, and that E leaves TimC out for good from here going forward. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing DerekT or DoyleB there for three guitars-up-front for a rousing version of Motherless Children opener! Another personal fav...
I am also near completion of two paintings I've done for a friend, a commission no less that I will post to my website soon -of VanMorrison.
Anxiously waiting for the ABB shows I've ordered for the 19th and 20th shows at the Beacon.
Mel