[Slowhand] Band Lineup

Steve slowhand.net at gmail.com
Mon May 25 06:58:04 EDT 2009

> I certainly hope that when the tour begins in June

> that the band is in this same stripped down form, and

> that E leaves TimC out for good from here going forward.

Hi Mel, great to hear from you as always, even if the driving force is
shame :-) You are in luck! This is from the news archive of the
wheresericc site:

http://www.whereseric.com/news/2009/03/eric-clapton-steve-winwood-band-lineup-june-2009-united-states.html

2009 WINWOOD / CLAPTON BAND LINEUP:

Eric Clapton - guitar, vocals
Steve Winwood - hammond organ, piano, guitar, vocals
Chris Stainton - keyboards
Willie Weeks - bass
Abe Laboriel, Jr. - drums

I'm really glad it will be essentially the same stripped down band.
We get more guitar work from Eric this way. I'll miss Ian Thomas,
though. He seemed to fit in with the band nicely. His drums during
"Pearly Queen" approach some of the rolling thunder quality I heard at
the Crossroads Guitar Festival. Nice work on "Forever Man," too.
There is something about his use of the cymbal that I find appealing
and in keeping with the era of the song. At one point, he and Willie
almost have a disco groove going - but in a good way.

Steve