[Slowhand] Eric Clapton: The Essential Interviews

deltanick at comcast.net deltanick at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 11:39:51 EST 2010

The interviews begin, chronologically, with EC's time in Cream. Clapton's career from Cream on is very well documented already. Therefore, I expect these interviews to be "re-runs" and contain nothing new.

I'd prefer more info from the parts of EC's life and career that are NOT well documented at all: his early music life when he sometimes performed as a solo act, a duo with Dave Brock (later of Hawkwind), the Roosters, Casey Jones & The Engineers, the Yardbirds, John Mayall And The Bluesbreakers, Eric Clapton & The Powerhouse, the stuff that's NOT so easy to find.

I will probably skip this book, as I think I've probably seen much more than will be included. I'm guessing this book will be amateurish for many of us here on the Slowhand Digest, but maybe I'm wrong.

At this point, looks like the author didn't really have to do much work at all: just re-publish a whole bunch of previously-published interviews. It's a shame.

DeltaNick