[Slowhand] telephone blues

Bruce Wilson kbw at mchsi.com
Thu Jan 21 21:13:13 EST 2010

Long Distance Call
Muddy Waters

You say you love me darlin',
please, call me on the phone sometime
You say you love me darlin',
please, call me on the phone sometime
When I hear your voice,
ease my worried mind

One of these days,
I'm gonna show you how nice a man can be
One of these days,
I'm gonna show you just how nice a man can be
I'm gonna buy you a brand, new Cadillac,
if you only speak some good words about me

Hear my phone ringin',
sound like a long distance call
Hear my phone keep ringin',
sound like a long distance call
When I picked up my receiver,
the party said another mule kickin' in your stall

I Can't Hold Out
Elmore James

I just talked to my baby on the telephone
She said, "Stop what you're doing and baby come on home"
I can't hold out, I can't hold out too long
I get a real good feeling talking to you on the phone
You said, "Baby don't you worry, you're my heart's desire
you know that I love you, I can't stand to see you cry"
I can't hold out, I can't hold out too long
I get a real good feeling talking to you on the phone
She said, "Baby you can run, you can walk or fly
you know that I love you, you're my heart's desire"
I can't hold out, I can't hold out too long
I get a real good feeling talking to you on the phone, oh yeah
I talked to my baby, I talked to my baby
I talked to my baby, I talked to my baby
I get a real good feeling talking to you on the phone

Telephone Blues
John Mayall

I couldn't sleep last night.
I was sitting by my telephone.
All the time a-wastin',
All the love you've never shown.
But someday, someday darling,
You will realize I'm alone.

The last time I saw you,
You promised me you would call.
But time is running out, babe;
No call at all.
My life is so lonely
Standing by my telephone.
But someday, someday darling,
You will realize I'm alone.

A Apolitical Blues
Lowell George

Well my telephone was ringing
And they told me it was Chairman Mao
Well my telephone was ringing
And they told me it was Chairman Mao
You can tell him anything
'Cause I just don't wanna talk to him now

I've got the apolitical blues
And that's the meanest blues of all
Apolitical blues
And that's the meanest blues of all