[Slowhand] WHO'S MISSING?

Jeff Elliott jnt.elliott at comcast.net
Sun Feb 14 13:42:06 EST 2010

So they've announced another Crossroads Benefit Guitar Festival and it's the
usual characters one would expect for one of these events now that we've
seen two versions (not counting the first benefit Eric did in MSG).

Not that I don't enjoy seeing and hearing from those usual suspects (always
cool to see Hubert Sumlin), I'd like to see a few guitarists that aren't
(yet) on the list of performers.

1) Jimmy Page. Why not? Plant has made it clear he's not interested
in reforming LZ and Pagey has announced that he'll tour this year.

2) Stephen Stills. 'Nuff said.

3) Mark Knopfler. He's played with Eric before and it would cool to
see him up there on that stage.

4) Joe Satriani. Not only is he a phenomenal guitar player, he's a
hell of a nice guy!

5) Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Far better than Johnny Lang.

6) Bonnie Raitt. Give the girl some love. Not only does she have one
of most recognizable voices in the music biz, she can play a mean slide.

7) Lindsey Buckingham. Great, unique style.

8) Mick Taylor. Not sure if Eric gets along with the guy but he can
really play some mean blues.

9) Leslie West. A Mountain of a man and another iconic axe man.

10) Joe Perry. With Steven Tyler not able to decide if he'd rather front
LZ than Aerosmith, Joe needs something to do.

It's good to see Eric include Joe Bonamassa. The guy's got serious chops.
So what do my fellow digesters think? Has the festival lost its mojo? Who
would you like to see added to the lineup?

Cheers,

Jeff