[Slowhand] Who's Missing

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 17 15:19:56 EST 2010

Explanation - I have "heard" from whom I consider a reliable source that there was contention between the two and things said regarding performing (or not performing) for charitable (personal) causes. I don't want to start rumors - shouldn't have mention it. Consider it speculation. Sorry. I'd love so see the two play together again as they did the past (but it's been about ten yrs by my reckoning). BR plays a mean slide guitar, has a great voice/stage-presence and a load of artistic credibility...

BTW, I once saw Pat Metheny perform with ChickCorea - amazing jazz fusion!

Truth is - there are so many SUPERB artists, and there are a few in the Xroads lineup that I've seen more than I care to again - but that's just my personal opinion. My prediction is - if E and ABB play a 30-minute set together, they will tear the roof (okay, there's no roof) off the place. The March/Beacon shows were fantastic and so reminiscent of D&D!
Mel
Mel, could you tell us any more about the possible "issues" between Bonnie R and Eric?  I know she guested with EC at a show in London in 1998. Bonnie is close to Keb Mo, and he's on the artists list for Crossroads, so maybe there's a chance she'll join up.  Does anyone have other female guitarists to suggest?  It would be nice to see some more women on the bill, in addition to Sheryl C.