[Slowhand] ticketmaster

Drick, Elaine elaine.drick at lmco.com
Mon Mar 1 13:34:34 EST 2010

I HATE Ticketmaster. I never get good seats through them and feel lucky to get seats at all! I was unsuccessful at getting tickets using the EC Access code on Friday. That fan club is a complete ripoff. So, I thought, "Oh well, I'll get them when they go on sale to everyone else on Saturday." Well, the Ticketmaster site said tickets went on sale at 12:00 PM, which I assumed to be the Chicago time zone. I'm on the west coast so figured it would be 10:00 AM for me. I logged onto the computer at 9:30 to be ready to click in as soon as they went on sale only to find they were already on sale! Apparently they went on sale at 8:00 AM PST! I don't get it, it just doesn't compute. I ended up having to buy tickets through StubHub, which I hated to do, but I was determined not to miss another Crossroads Festival. So I understand what you're saying, Jeff. I'm not too thrilled with the Ticketmaster experience either, or the EC Access experience.

~Elaine

Just curious...what are the best seats anybody on the digest has purchased through Ticketmaster in the past two or three years? Has anybody been successful in obtaining choice seats on the floor within the first couple of rows?

We had seats at Crossroads and then we got timed out. Not sure if it was our connectivity or traffic on Ticketmaster. I was actually on the phone trying to get through (never did) while the missus was online.

Suffice to say, I'm just not too thrilled with the Ticketmaster experience.

Cheers,

Jeff