[Slowhand] 461 Rarities

Kevin Wilson kevinwilson at telkomsa.net
Sat May 1 08:19:47 EDT 2010

Talking of the performance on 461 Rarities: One track that would make a very
welcome return to the EC set list would be "Singing the Blues" - even though
not written by Eric it has the stamina of "Got to Get Better in a Little
While", and would call for a more active vocal workout from Michelle and
Sharon.

Any other hidden treasure you'd like rediscovered? I vote for (for all its
worth):

. Roll It Over - my all-time favourite EC solo is on Live at the
Fillmore

. High - with its old-time Doobie Brothers rock feel

. Pretty Blue Eyes - for the sit-down acoustic set

Mmmm, all in all, There's One in Every Crowd was a pretty good album - I've
just called for 3 tracks from it. I've always thought it was a repeat of 461
OB with the tracks in the wrong order. I'll leave it up to you to guess the
order J

Finally, Eric needs a new blues extravaganza for the new decade. We all have
the ultimate and ultimate-ultimate versions of Have You Ever Loved a
Woman?/Five Long Years/Same Old Blues/Double Trouble/Stormy Monday/Little
Queen of Spades. Of course with Eric, rare as it might seem, he throws a
curve ball when we least expect it.

Kevin