[Slowhand] "Miles Road" or "Draggin' My Tail"?

Nicholas Aleshin deltanick at comcast.net
Sat Jul 3 16:52:00 EDT 2010

The track is "Draggin' My Tail," rather than "Miles Road." In all of my holdings, which include both vinyl and CD formats, both US and UK releases, it's clear that this track is "Draggin' My Tail."

Why? Two reasons:

First, "Draggin' My Tail" is always over 3 minutes long (3:06, 3:09, etc). The recording is also over 3 minutes long. But "Miles Road" is closer to 2.5 minutes in length.

Next, "DMT" has additional instruments/musicians, reputed to be Mick Jagger (harmonica), Bill Wyman (bass), Ian Stewart (piano), and Chris Winters (drums). Note that Chris Winters has the same initials as Charlie Watts. But "MR" is just Clapton and Page on guitars.

DeltaNick