[Slowhand] Clapton in British Grand Prix

Fabio Dwyer fabiodwyer at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:06:50 EDT 2010

Kevin,

there's a funny little story about EC in Silvertone last week: I was watching to brazilian television and they showed Clapton being interviewed in the paddock, saying that his favorite F1 racer nowadays is brazilian pilot Felipe Massa; suddenly, another brazilian racer, Rubens Barrichelo appears by surprise, tickles EC's back and Eric, laughing, corrects: "NO! THIS is my favorite racer!!!" It seems that EC changes favorites as fast as they race:-) Last year, when F.Massa suffered a serious accident, a heavy spring, coincidentaly from Barrichelo's car detached and hit the car behind him, Massa, hitting his helmet at 200MPH and almost killing him, Clapton sent to the hospital a Ferrari (Massa's team) Red Fender Signature Strat; weeks later sent another one to Barrichelo, with his number, so he wouldn't be jealous. Barrichelo was also a Ferrari driver in the past. It seems EC has becoming a big F1 fan in the last years, even waving the final flag in a race won by Massa.

Cheers from Brazil,

Fabio