[Slowhand] New Clapton CD

Fabio Dwyer fabiodwyer at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 15:21:39 EDT 2010

Hello insulted slowhand-digesteers!

I remember reading a recent interview where Clapton told that the new
album would be named "Whiplash", because that's what, according to Ry
Cooder, he would get after people hearing what he was recording at the time
of the interview (he showed the initial demos to Cooder). What in the
name of God ol'e Ry intended to say with that??? I was waiting for maybe a
traditional jazzier record with Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Misty, For
all we know, something between the Ray Charles / Nat King Cole crooning
style. Anything WITHOUT the Climie/Pro-Tools approach is healthier IMO.

C'mon, this cover is not very different from Journeyman (which is a very good record IMO). Let's not judge the book, I mean, the album, by its cover. I propose I new thread here, while we wait for what's inside this not-so-happy cover: which are the best albums with horrible covers ever? Any artist/band is elegible. So we can level this new record comparing with other artists, hoping this will be a good album with a bad cover. Without thinking too much, there's a record that I really like with a horrible cover: Queen's Sheer Heart Attack. They all look like drag-queens from hell in this cover... Which are your choices???

BTW, I think the photo inside the booklet of Back Home the worst possible picture, that rainbow remembered me from Rainbow's Concert, but in a BAD way:-)

Cheers,
Fabio