[Slowhand] New Album

janet furlong jewels7182000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 14:14:03 EDT 2010

>> This cover they made for this new album, oh my god. There's nothing left. Bad taste, bad style, creativity dried up, more commercial than For Your Love ever was, 10cc type cover that probably resembles the "music" they killed in the plastic machine. This is an insult. I feel insulted, Mr Clapton. Enough is enough. Cocaine-Wonderful Tonight-Cocaine And for the encore: Cocaine-Wonderful Tonight-Crossroads... <<

Never heard anyone get so bummed out just by looking at an album cover! I'll reserve my disappointment until I actually get to hear the music on the album with the blah cover (not a bad picture, really, just not particularly rock & roll - then again, EC has not been particularly rock & roll in some time, so...) I still have hope - not sure why, since not much EC has done has moved me in several years, but hope springs eternal. And while I could live with the Cocaine-Wonderful Tonight-Crossroads routine, the inclusion of Rock & Roll Heart this past tour did make me shake my head in wonder (and not in a good way...) However, the inclusion of some other blues numbers did also make me remember why I still bother to pay attention!

Cheers,
Janet