[Slowhand] New Album

John Naccarato jnacca0408 at rogers.com
Tue Aug 3 19:09:56 EDT 2010

Hi everyone, I did some research on the original tracks that inspired this new album and must say, that I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Special thanks to the Almighty Geetarz for posting up the great RAH run from 1993 on Dime. Listening to those shows really sets the
mood for this upcoming album. I'm a little disappointed that this did not turn out to be the double album that was hinted at. It has long been
my hope that we would see 'official releases' by EC of songs like Alabama Women, Kidman Blues and especially Little Walter's Tell Me Mama.
EC had also hinted at doing Bessie Smith's My Sweetie Went Away and Downhearted Blues in an interview several years ago but dismissed
the idea as the songs are sung from a distinct feminine perspective (Too bad, the perspective could have easily been changed to male). A couple
of other songs that would be great choices would be the Inkspots We Three (my echo, my shadow and me) and Sinatra's I guess I'll hang my
tears out to dry. If anyone can add more information on the songs listed below, that would be great.

Take Care;
John

01. Travelin' Alone (1948-1950 Lil Son Jackson)
02. Rocking Chair (1930-Hoagy Carmichael)
03. River Runs Deep (1970-JJ Cale (Naturally))
04. Judgment Day
05. How Deep Is The Ocean (1932-Irving Berlin)
06. My Very Good Friend The Milkman (1935-Fats Waller)
07. Can't Hold Out Much Longer (1952-Little Walter)
08. That's No Way To Get Along (1929-Robert Wilkins) (AKA-1968-Prodigal Son-Rolling Stones (Beggars Banquet))
09. Everything Will Be Alright
10. Diamonds Made From Rain
11. When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful (1935-Fats Waller)
12. Hard Times Blues (1927-Bessie Smith)
13. Run Back To Your Side
14. Autumn Leaves (1947-Johnny Mercer-adapted from French Song "Les Feuilles Mortes"-1945)