[Slowhand] Clapton!

Brian Tronsgaard tronsgaard at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:37:20 EDT 2010

It is so typical of my life. I was getting all worked up about this new thing coming, and lost my temper when they threw the cover at me. You might remember it, it got ugly. And I look so silly now that I said all those bad words, on this Monday night, listening to Eric Clapton’s new album, for some righteous reason I guess, called Clapton.

Because it is all those things I said it wouldn’t be. It’s actually more than I asked for. And this is what I now have to say, organic. Some very good playing. Economical. Real good singing, real good feel in the air. He's taking the lead on this one, calling out the players. He talks! Recorded real good. Real instruments. Real orchestra too, Eric Clapton on mandolin even. IT’S DAMN GOOD! And this is pretty honest, he's probably not as comfortable on that instrument, as he is on the guitar. And, man, that Hard Times Blues.

I take it back. I apologize for putting those words out there in association with this kind of complete recording. I think I'll now just try to understand the man from now on. I hope you will excuse me, good people of the list. So now I need the extra songs dammit! It worked! Bastards...

Kindly,

Brian Tronsgaard.