[Slowhand] Clapton Album 'n' Bonus Tracks

Kevin Wilson kevinwilson at telkomsa.net
Sat Oct 9 13:23:53 EDT 2010

I don't believe the 4 bonus tracks were ever part of an intended extended
CD. All 4, and I play them in the order: "Midnight Hour Blues", "I Was
Fooled", "Take a Little Walk with Me" and "You Better Watch Yourself", have
the one take, no remix, live-in-the-studio feel. They do not have the aura
of being "mastered" like the rest of the album. This is not to say that I
don't like the bonus material or the rest of the album. I love it all very
much, (though I still say the way the extras were offered to the buying
public sucks!). Anyway, be prepared for a tuba, trumpet and trombone or two,
with a clarinet for good measure, as part of the 2011 World Tour.

For those who want an orgy of screaming guitar solos, go out and buy the
latest Santana release. Critics hate it, but I'm sure it'll sell like
hotcakes. And for the blues aficionados pining away at Eric's
interpretations: Come right fellas.

My song for the day is Eric doing Robert Wilkins' "That's No Way to Get
Along". Ry Cooder should be proud to hear his influence come to the fore on
this rockin' slide-fest. Love the way it fades into and out as a little
brass band keeping up the groove.

Kevin