[Slowhand] Hello old friends!

Fabio Dwyer fabiodwyer at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 21:45:11 EST 2012

Hi,
this is Fabio, from Brazil, but no longer in Brazil; I moved to Toronto, Canada one year ago to develop my career as a musician in North-America, closer to the Blues & Jazz centers. I'm in the list since 1998, and switched from a lurker to a real brat - I got managed to get grounded - deservedly btw!!! by Mr. Hillman and accepted back, probably due to some positive input too!!!lol I got a little bit more mature since my early 20's to my current mid-30's...hahaha I must confess I enjoyed A LOT to be able to meet some of you guys on Facebook recently, I felt closer with pictures, more individual updates, but I remained on the list anyway.
Regarding to this thread of Clapton's latest works, I truly believe the man already gave us in his life much more than any other guitar player alive. He was a decisive character in keep the blues tradition alive since the 60's (not my words, Buddy Guy and B.B. King among others have said that), still is a very good performer, no matter if he's not in his peak anymore, improved a lot as a singer, and have been trying to push a little bit as a guitar player since the last self-titled solo album and the Marsallis collaboration by trying a jazzier repertoire, that fits well to his age. I see nothing really wrong with what he's been doing at this stage of his life, where he achieved everything a musician can achieve. As Freddie Mercury once said, "when you reach the top, the only way left is down". Our man reached the top at 20 with Bluesbreakers and remained there until the Dominos; and, IMO, reached the top *again* with Unplugged and From the Cradle, so he's like a super-hero by achieving that TWICE! And I also feel very fulfilled as a fan with all the reunions like John Mayall's Bday, Concert for George, Cream reunion, Steve Winwood and Jeff Beck collaboration, all the Crossroads Guitar Festivals - that no other musician in the world never promoted anything even close to these as he did, and he did it 3 times!!! I'm a VERY happy and grateful Clapton fan for many different reasons, not by those reasons that most die-hard fans would expect. I understand what he's been doing now as part of his whole History, not as an independent moment. That's why I refuse to give him thumbs-down recently. My two cents!
Best regards,Fabio