[Slowhand] Cream Raw recordings

Shanahan . mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Wed May 9 22:39:02 EDT 2012

Yes Nick, I love comparing these recordings and hearing the extra banter and tuning up between tracks as well.

But I think your hearing is letting you down a little.

Jack Bruce says, "Eric Clapton, please, THE vocal".

Cheers

Tone

I know, I know, this is old stuff. But it's always good to go back and hear the raw recordings.

The recording from the early show, 10 March 1968 proves that "Crossroads" was NOT "assembled" in the studio from disparate parts, as Tom Dowd related in a later interview, but a true live recording. Compare with the version recorded 4 October 1968 in Oakland, a totally different arrangement.

And Jack Bruce saying, "Eric Clapton, please, on vocal," as Clapton responds, "Thank you," is much clearer than on Wheels Of Fire.

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/cream/concerts/oakland-coliseum-arena-october-04-1968.html

DeltaNick