[Slowhand] August Was A Heavy Month - Bob Geldof

Jon Maclean Jon.Maclean at lpi.nsw.gov.au
Thu May 10 23:58:00 EDT 2012

The Geldof album on which that track originally appeared, "Deep In The Heart Of Nowhere", was pretty good really. I'm not a big fan of his voice and didn't like the Rats much, although I can't say I've heard his most recent albums (which have had pretty good reviews). Clapton played on 4 tracks on that particular album (which was a huge bonus for Bob, as Eric generally only contributes to one or two tracks at most when he does sessions), the others being The Beat Of The Night, the single Love Like A Rocket (Eric also appeared in the film clip for that) and the CD bonus cut Good Boys In The Wrong. Eric plays well on all, making the album a worthwhile pickup.

But I wasn't aware there was an instrumental version of "August Was A Heavy Month" and even though I don't really approve of iTunes (it IS useful for picking up these "bonus tracks"), I will certainly download that. So thanks for the tip Grant.

Cheers,
Jon