[Slowhand] Mixes

Scott Wallenberg scottw at racerxill.com
Fri May 25 12:24:19 EDT 2012

I haven't heard them yet either but if I did I would definitely hear him
saying "Ginger Baker please...cymbal"

Scott

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 19:43:47 +1000
From: "Shanahan ." <mowdamowda at hotmail.com>
Subject: [Slowhand] Cream - new/old mixes
To: Slowhand <slowhand at planet-torque.com>

Luke says: "- I have not heard them,"

Luke, have a listen first.

The 'sound' of these mixes seems NEW.

Meaning that if you play the Wheels mix of 'As You Said' and then the remix,
it sounds as if they were mixed decades apart.

One is okay the other is sharp and clear with greater depth.

The cymbals on 'Sitting On Top Of The World' is an example.

I can't see Felix saying "okay we'll make the cymbals muffled and lifeless
on this mix BUT on this other mix let's make them shine"

You either mix the cymbals in or you mix them out, or a degree in between.
The fidelity shouldn't change if they're mixed at the same time.

Anyone else who hasn't heard these mixes want to make a comment?

Cheers

Tone

End of Slowhand Digest, Vol 19, Issue 64