[Slowhand] Old Sock - Utter Crap

Kevin Wilson kevinwilson at telkomsa.net
Wed Mar 6 00:55:49 EST 2013

I've given the album a listen. The promise of "Gotta Get Over" is
non-existent.

I can see why he's off to an 'independent' label. He probably offered this
to Warners a year ago and ten-to-one they refused to renew his contract.

Eric has been smoking too much island air. The songs are as crock as the
lines on his face.

He may as well stay away from a studio, completely - as in al-to-ge-th-er.

The reject album Turn Up Down is so much more inspiring.

This is the kind of dreck my lonely neighbour plays and sings along to on a
Saturday night, once he's drunk himself into a stupor.

Time to get a life and get over my possessive-compulsive behaviour of buying
everything Clapton.

Enough said, you get my drift.

Kevin