[Slowhand] CGF 2013: Eric Remains Untouchable

Kevin Wilson kevinwilson at telkomsa.net
Mon Apr 15 05:47:18 EDT 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCdtRtD734M

"Gin House" has to be the stand-out performance of the festival. Eric
remains untouchable. Andy was so comical in his delivery, as well. I thought
he was going to reverse off-stage at one point. He needs to be in the band
again - hopefully at the upcoming RAH shows in May. He injected a level of
excitement to the acoustic openers - singing and playing with abandon - and
I enjoyed seeing him, Eric and Doyle interact. Vince Gill had the best seat
in the house.

Not to down Eric's own electric set at CGF, compare of "Got to Get Better in
a Little While", "Crossroads" (on steroids again) and "Sunshine of Your
Love" at the Mohegan Sun on 5 April 2013 for more intense versions.

Finally, anyone else out there think that Keith Richards looks more and more
like Harpo Marx (from The Marx Brothers), in demeanour, movement and oddball
talent. Eric watched Keith meticulously, probably thinking, "I wonder where
he's going to take this song now?" He seemed to interrupt one of Clapton's
solos on "Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller", and slipped in solos wherever
possible. An overall unexpectedly good team-up.

Kevin