[Slowhand] Drum and Monkey Performance: July 1977

Kevin Wilson kevinwilson at telkomsa.net
Tue May 14 09:41:40 EDT 2013

I have 3 photograph clippings of EC, Tom McGuinness (yes, the same guy that started-off with Eric in the Roosters) and Ronnie Lane performing ouside the Drum and Monkey Pub, Shropshire sometime in July 1977. Each is playing a National Steel Dobro. If memory serves me well, the concert was reported to have lasted around 3-hours, and was not limited to the aforementioned acoustic instruments.

Over the years, I lost the accompanying article - in fact the loss has been a thorn in my side for far too long and I have an urgency to find it again. It would have appeared in either Melody Maker, New Musical Express, Sounds, Record Mirror or one such newspaper in the same month or the first week of August 1977.

Is there anybody out there who is able to point me in the right direction - PLEASE!

Kevin