[Slowhand] Jack Bruce - New album, competition & video interview series (fwd)

David Hillman hillman at planet-torque.com
Tue Mar 25 14:19:16 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:19:26 +0000
From: Lauren Archer <lauren at cherryred.co.uk>
To: slowhand-owner at planet-torque.com
Subject: Jack Bruce - New album, competition & video interview series

Hello,

Hope this finds you well! My name is Lauren, I'm digital project coordinator at UK independent label Cherry Red Records.

I wanted to reach out to let you know that this week we have officially released the first Jack Bruce solo album in a decade - 'Silver Rails', and in conjunction with the release Jack is running a fantastic competition over on his facebook page to give away lots of signed merchandise and memorabilia including signed vinyls, cds, posters, and a collector's edition mini Warwick bass model amongst other items.

Jack has also recorded a great series of interviews explaining all about the writing and recording process of the album, which can be viewed here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGc7A7EuvDEoX93BFv_B9eD0sxdIqPZT7

I thought the news and video content might be of interest to your Slowhand mailing list subscribers and wondered if you might be able to help share the news of the competition and video footage with them by sending out some information?

I have included full info and links below.

Best wishes and hope to hear from you soon!
Lauren

Win A Stack of Exclusive Jack Bruce Goodies to Celebrate the Release of Silver Rails!

The brand new Jack Bruce album 'Silver Rails' is out now on Esoteric Recordings/Cherry Red Records, and over on the official Jack Bruce Facebook page there is a heap of exclusive and signed goodies to be won from beer mats to a collector's edition model mini bass guitar! Check out what's up for grabs here...
https://www.facebook.com/JackBruceMusic/app_128953167177144

To celebrate the release of his first album in a decade, Jack Bruce filmed an exclusive set of video interviews, revealing all about the writing and recording process behind Silver Rails. You can catch the full series here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGc7A7EuvDEoX93BFv_B9eD0sxdIqPZT7

'Silver Rails' is the eagerly awaited new studio album by the legendary JACK BRUCE, one of the greatest popular musicians Britain has ever produced. A supremely talented instrumentalist and vocalist, eminently respected by his peers, Jack?s pioneering bass playing style has influenced successive generations of bassists, including such luminaries as Paul McCartney, Jaco Pastorius and Sting, alongside more contemporary musicians such as Flea of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. He is also the possessor of one of the most powerful voices in modern music and a composer of some of the most original and influential music of the past forty-five years. As a songwriter he has written some of popular music?s enduring classics such as "Sunshine of Your Love?, "White Room?, "I Feel Free? and "Theme from an Imaginary Western?.

To order 'Silver Rails' direct from Cherry Red Records visit:
http://bit.ly/1msieab

Further info:
http://www.jackbruce.com/
https://www.facebook.com/JackBruceMusic