[Slowhand] Hello

S K backlezz at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 08:18:54 EDT 2014

We just had Digest issue no. 2 of the year, and it goes without saying that the list appears to be in a very deep sleep or even worse - about to die.

With the risk of sounding totally out of touch with modern day communications channels, where on the www are EC fans these days? Facebook, the Steve Hofmann Forum, boot collection/torrents sites? Clapton.de? (The forum on this German site has more posts in one week than this global list has in a year).

Isn't there enough going on with tours and new (re-) releases - during the last year and the last few years - to keep a discussion site going? Or is it rather a question of format, that the Digest isn't the most convenient way at this point in time?

I just got back from seeing EC at the Budokan. Having avoided reports and set-lists of the first shows beforehand, expectations were high. (All 2013 shows I attened were terrific in my view). They were met, to a large extent. A full 2 hours. TIght band. EC on good form. I found myself missing Steve Jordan. Nice to see Nathan East back in the band. The set-list was good, although maybe not as experimental as the 2013 tour. I don't think its right to give three songs to Paul Carrack, although 'Honest Man' was a nice addition to the set-list. EC held a bit a speach actually, to the Japanese public, stating something along the lines that he'd been coming to Japan for 40 years now, that Japan is the best place in the world to play, and said thanks to Japan for "having me". Rare thing to see. All in all, a great experience.

Its a strange world tour this year, 9 shows in Asia, 4 shows in the US and 5 shows in Europe... Touring is taking its toll I suppose...

Anybody going to the New Orleans Festival?

Kristoffer