[Slowhand] Hello

Nicholas Aleshin deltanick at comcast.net
Sat Apr 12 20:28:26 EDT 2014

>> Isn't there enough going on with tours and new (re-) releases - during the last year and the last few years - to keep a discussion site going? <<

No, of course not. EC skipped over some regular cities (Washington, DC, for example) on his tour throughout the US last year, and he’s only visiting 4 cities this year. Definitely not enough.

His last two releases have not been much to write home about. In fact, they’re good as sedatives, or just leave ‘em on the floor, like old socks.

Nathan East is a good bass player, but I think he makes Clapton’s music sound rather light: too Babyface or Motown Light for me. I prefer something like the band he and Steve Winwood toured with: Willie Weeks, Ian Thomas, Chris Stainton, Winwood and EC. Just a small blues band: they had FIRE!

Why does he need another guitar player or two? He’s Eric Clapton. We pay to see and hear HIM play, not others.

DeltaNick