[Slowhand] ECzema (sorry, the pun was stronger than me...)

Fabio Dwyer fabiodwyer at hotmail.com
Sat May 21 12:49:03 EDT 2016

Nick,
He just gave an interview, I believe for Rolling Stone saying that he suffered with severe eczema all over his body, including his hands, which made the recording process a nightmare. He also mentioned a "neurological thing" that sometimes affects his hands. The only reference to neurological disorders in his autobiography is about him having some kind of epilepsy, but I bet the glove are because of the eczema. I had it in my hands as well, around 20 years ago, and I used to play with bandages in my fingers too.

Hope it was helpful.
Cheers,
Fabio

Sent from my iPad

> On May 20, 2016, at 7:45 PM, Nicholas Aleshin <deltanick at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> There’s a picture in the included booklet/liner notes of Clapton’s “bandaged” left hand holding a guitar neck. It appears that he’s wearing some kind of glove over the bandage. His fingertips are exposed, obviously, so he can play the guitar.
>
> Anyone know what this is all about?
>
>               DeltaNick

Sent from my iPad