[StBernard] Damage Assessments/Potential Demolition

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 30 00:01:35 EDT 2005

I apologize for the intrusion as I am not a resident of St. Bernard and am
in awe of the spirit that is visible on this forum as you proceed to rebuild
your lives. I am trying to make contact with Parish officials and am hoping
this could be the way.

The company I work for Safeguard Properties (www.safeguardproperties.com
<http://www.safeguardproperties.com> ) works for some of the largest banks
and mortgage companies in the country. While all the discussions involving
potential demolitions and contamination of properties have included
(rightfully so) notifying the homeowner. The banks have been left out of the
loop. In fact HUD, VA, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae (at least the segments we
deal with) have as well. This is the major topic in our industry. The 2
major concerns are
1) making contact with the homeowner (borrower)
2) Those who choose not to rebuild and abandon their home leaves the bank
"holding the bag"
I'm looking for additional information including official lists that could
benefit.
I've seen the Murphy Oil Map - one of the things I'm seeking is a list of
all the streets and/or property addresses that this entails.
Please contact me at 1-800-852-8306 ext 1392 or
michael.halpern at safeguardproperties.com
<mailto:michael.halpern at safeguardproperties.com> for additional information
or if you are able to assist me.

Second, we are looking for additional home inspectors to assess properties
for the banks in your area. These exterior are not has intensive as the
structural inspections conducted by the Corps of Engineers, FEMA etc.. All
you really need is a computer and a digital camera.
If you are interested please contact
Chris Berthelot,
Phone: 1800-852-8306 Ext.1108
Email: Chris.Berthelot at safeguardproperties.com
<mailto:Chris.Berthelot at safeguardproperties.com>

Again I apologize for intrusion and may God bless you and your families

Michael Halpern