[StBernard] Plans Being Made To Open A Post Office in St. Bernard

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 30 12:19:12 EST 2005

Craig,

Thanks for the response on the mail issue. Is it possible that the
truckload of mail that is being held in Covington will be rerouted to a St.
Bernard Parish Post Office once one opens up. Perhaps that may be the
quickest way for us to get caught up?! I am also looking into opening a
small store either in a mobile building or another building; somewhere that
can be done quickly. I know the people that are there are in desperate need
of a grocery store. It is very unfortunate that answers are slow to come,
and insurance companies move slower than a snails pace. I'm going as fast as
I can, under the circumstances. I'm sure you can relate! Thank everyone in
Parish Gov't, Sheriff's Dept., Fire Dept., Senator Boasso, and anyone else I
am overlooking, for the unbearable job you guys must do every day. I realize
that the "thanks" are slo w to come, and people don't realize you guys are
just as frustrated as we are with the lack of help and answers from the
state and federal gov't. Keep up the good work! Also, thanks to Westley and
all the others that are taking their valuable time to keep us informed. Your
service is immeasurable!

Thanks,
Steve Fecke