[StBernard] News You Can Use - 11/5/05

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 5 21:49:57 EST 2005

syl,

That's just plain nuts. My State Farm adjuster specifically explained that
all fool lost in the frig/freezer was covered even if it took days after the
storm for it to spoil and the dollar value of the food we lost was within
our claim. I think it is nothing short of a crime if Allstate is trying to
say that homeowner's lost food in their refrigerator/freezer in the flooding
is to be considered "personal" content off of your flood insurance like your
sofa or bedroom set. Everyone knows water does not get into your
refrigerator and the indefinite loss of electricity was NOT caused by the
flooding but by the hurricane winds knocking out electricity prior to the
flooding. Proof in point, residents of St. Tammany lost electricity but few
experienced flooding. I know for a fact that Allstate compensated people
there for what they lost in the frig and freezers - and they were NOT
flooded.

These sort of "inconsistencies" in policy coverage need to be reported to
the La. Commissioner of Insurance office.

John Scurich