[StBernard] Wishlists - Christmas Cheer for the Parish!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 17 06:28:08 EST 2005

As time goes on we may be able to expand for right now this drive is
starting out focusing on the 200 domino refinery families and the 701
children (plus anymore who register) in St. Bernard Parish. The staging
area in the Lutheran Church Parking Lot on Paris Road (thank you Gaby and
your Church Council!!) when it opens will be there to help anyone who passes
by from the Parish. There will be several announcements regarding exactly
what items to expect as we are in the infancy of a very nice offer for our
Parish as it grows we will be able to tell you. My hope is to expand this
program out to other children visiting their old homes in St. Bernard
Parish... but alas we have to start somewhere and this is just a starting
point...please keep emailing any questions you have and we shall see what
the needs are and what needs to be addressed.

It is my understanding the Salvation Army is also staging a new toy drive
Nationwide in which you should also be able to register in person at your
local Salvation Army office for new toys regardless of where you are in the
USA and they have raised millions of dollars for these new toys for Katrinas
children.

Please if you are in need for your children... do sign up early with the
Salvation Army if you have the need and also as this toy drive is
underway... please continue to email with any questions... and do fill out
the electronic form when it is posted.

Westley has been so gracious as to offer to put up an electronic form for
Relief Spark - thank you so much. Also many thanks to Gaby and everyone at
GLC for offering her parking lot and Lutheran Church as a staging area on
Paris Road.

Please email me if you have any questions/comments... this project is in its
infancy but off to a wonderful start with some fantastic donations coming
thru to St. Bernard Parish and an entire area of California working on new
toys for our area children for Christmas... They could of picked any place
to help but I am proud they picked St. Bernard Parish... it is a good
start...

Thank you to Cindy Crocker and her family for volunteering as well as the
owner of Flour Power (oh how i miss those desserts!!!) Rhonda DeForest who
have also volunteered assistance... we need so many more people to make this
possible... please email me if you or perhaps you and your family can sign
up for help with the distribution effort for these toys.

Thank you in advance,
Amanda
former resident of St. Bernard displaced to Lafayette
Relief Spark Coordinator St. Bernard Parish