[StBernard] Governor Blanco's Thanksgiving Message

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 23 16:59:48 EST 2005

A Thanksgiving message
from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

"Even in these difficult days, we have reason to give thanks.

"As we enter this holiday season, thousands are mourning for lost loved
ones, homes and businesses. Entire neighborhoods and communities are
displaced or destroyed. And yet, even in these dark times, we have reason to
give thanks.

"By God's grace, our people are strong, and determined -- qualities that
sustain this recovery. And for that, we thank Him.

"By God's grace, untold thousands reached out and opened their homes,
communities and hearts to neighbors in need.

"By God's grace, thousands of Americans came here to help, welcomed evacuees
and offered their prayers and their aid.

"All across this state and this nation, Louisianians will gather with family
and friends on Thanksgiving Day. Wherever we gather, I ask each Louisiana
citizen to pray for those who have suffered. I share that sense of profound
loss, but remind all to keep the faith an! d know that better times are
ahead.

"For displaced people, and for all our citizens, I ask God to give them
comfort and strength.

"I pray for continued blessings and for reunited families who can return
home to restored neighborhoods and rebuilt communities."

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation (LDRF), Louisiana's fund for
Louisiana's people, has been established by Governor Kathleen Babineaux
Blanco in order to support long-term family restoration and recovery and
help provide assistance to our citizens in need through a network of
Louisiana charities and non-profit agencies.

1-877-HELPLA1 (877-435-7521) www.louisianahelp.org