[StBernard] Home Inspection rating

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 5 23:15:05 EST 2005

Okay, checked my home on the list provided by the parsih
government. It shows a 1 story home and 30-60% damage with
a rating of 3.
I made a trip into Chalmette on Sunday and visited my home.
First and foremost, I have a 2-story home not a 1. I could
maybe agree with a 30-60% damage as the entire lower floor
was water damaged.
Where on earth do you get a rating of 3?? The walls are
standing, the sheetrock from the ceiling has fallen but not
the walls. I have the classic mud floor as does everyone
else, but no structural damage. No falling walls or roof
collapse.
Who did these damage assesments? Were they out drinking the
night before? Are they part of some Blind Inspectors
Association? I saw no footprints in the mud on the floor of
the home so please tell me how these inspections were
performed!
I am truly angry at this poor job of assesment. I wish to
have the home re-inspected. Can this be done?

Bob