[StBernard] Allstate

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 5 23:17:35 EST 2005

I am also having trouble with Allstate. I have been on fast track since
October 6th and still no money. Between my husband and myself, we have
spoken to at least 26 Allstate people and none have been consistent with
each other. In fact 6 people told us that our claim was in final stages of
expedition and we would receive word from them within 7-10 days. A 7th
person noticed that the policy number the previous 6 were working on was a
policy number cancelled in October of 1996. The policy number was NOT the
policy number I gave them on my initial claim report which I called in on
August 29th. So in reality, 6 people lied to us. We have full coverage,which
I believe is why they are holding on to our money. After checking on the
status of my claim every day since November 12th when we received our claim
summary, we are not able to get an answer on who exactly issues the check.
Allstate tells me NFIP issues the check, while NFIP insists that Alls tate
issues them. Can anyone out there tell me what is going on? I am interested
in suing Allstate and Robert Wooley-LA Insurance Commissioner.
In my opinion, Mr. Wooley appears more interested in appeasing inurance
companies than helping the insured people receive what is due to them. If
anyone else is interesed, please let me know.

Julie Marengo, Chalmette
Julimare at aol.com