[StBernard] Sunday's Festivities

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 19 22:22:50 EST 2005

I would like to extend my sincere thanks to all involved in yesterday's
activities. The parody of songs, the enjoyment of the crowd, and the
interaction of friends and neighbors was a welcome delight. I am glad that
we took the trip down from Tennessee to enjoy this function.

For me, this could not have come at a better time. Like many others, I have
begun to question whether I am making a mistake to return to the parish next
month. The negative items provided by the media, along with comments in
nola.com and through word-of-mouth by those not returning do have an effect.
Fortunately, the efforts of those involved with yesterday's efforts, along
with information provided to us through this column and by Craig Taffaro,
help bring things back into perspective. Yes, it will be a hard road, but I
can honestly state that each time we return (approximately every three
weeks), I notice many signs of progress.

To all who came out Sunday to enjoy the food, show, and each other's
companies, keep the faith. Make sure that your name is on the list of
returning residents so that it is clear that many of us are returning.

To close, I extend to all my best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy
New Year.