[StBernard] Presenting FACTS to the public is a good thing........

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 19 22:22:50 EST 2005

Gaby,

I agree but then I don't. Those tourist buses will bring much needed
awareness to the fact that the media DID neglect us...It will bring media
attention to the fact the we, as a community, are rebuilding IN SPITE OF
FEMA, the Federal government, and their neglect...Lastly, it may help bring
in other communities that can offer hope in the rebuilding. I don't want to
be on display, but to help my family get through hard times early on, I
marketed the hell out of them for donations, so to me what's the difference?

Wendy- Freezing her #!@ off in Maine

...but turning devastation into a TOURIST attraction is making me so mad, I
cant sleep. Please dont ever let those 35 buck tour buses come into the
parish. They make me feel like the elephant man on display as a circus
attraction.
I just dont buy that this will 'raise awareness'.
I know our parish has a grudge against media already due to the lack of news
during the immediate storm aftermath, causing our die hard officials to
remain on roofs for days and nights without anyone knowing.
Now I am afraid that tour buses will turn our area into some kind of
Safariland -'For your own protection please remain seated inside the
vehicle'.

Gaby