[StBernard] FEMA Trailer

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 5 23:42:31 EST 2006

Jessica:

I have the opposite problem. We finally received our trailer and as we were
preparing to return home I called to question whether or not any
streetlights near our home would be turned on. (In riding around the parish
at dusk last week I noticed that wherever a trailer was placed, it seemed
that the closest telephone light was turned on.) The response I received
was that they (the Trailer Company) had "tested" the trailer by using a
generator, and that I could purchase a generator and move in. I called FEMA
and told them that we did our part in contacting Entergy and Entergy advised
that until they received notice of a permit issuance by St. Bernard Parish,
which is contingent upon the filing of an application by the trailer
company/FEMA, their hands were tied.

It is obvious that FEMA and the trailer companies are not working together,
otherwise these situations would be readily resolved.

JFR