[StBernard] KATRINA SURVIVORS: Untold Stories

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 6 23:33:24 EST 2006

"I am not asking for cash or publicity; just emotional support and a few
good laughs to get me through. You guys are the best! Mudpie"

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
**Well, Mudpie, I can betya tens of thousands of Katrina survivors are not
only asking but BEGGING for "cash and publicity"!

Their needs are great and if not equal in scale financially than the Great
Depression, then greater in financial ruin, joblessness. The depression got
lots of press and took lots of government programs to get people back to
work and prosperity. St. Bernard Parish needed as much "positive" publicity
on a national scale as possible. Leaders need to push the panic button and
certainly the 250% efforts to get help from the Federal Government in grants
and loans. Those who don't qualify for loans, still must be granted relief.

The Baker Bill is one hope. I don't know if any other will replace or fall
in place. Certainly, these "depressed" many cannot wait 10 years to get
started to recovery.

Therefore, any publicity on a "good note" (no dogs or upcoming scandals (and
that's going to be another story about gains during misery) that supports
St. Bernard Parish on a good note grouping of news is good news for da
parish! We just need to have aired news cover all aspects of peoples hurt by
the tragedy--not just New Orleans' Superdome/Convention crowd who got 95% of
the media attention.

Jer